Low flow toilet - Is this really a good idea?

Page 2 of 2
On Jul 12, 3:45pm, Dan Musicant ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) wrote:

When my toilets showed their age, I started replacing with low flow toilets with no problems. i like them because I have a septic system and less water to drain field is better. Also with a well, water cost is no concern but may save you money on a municipal system.
I would avoid the dual flush systems as they may be fussier and more complex to maintain.
The low flush modern toilets never worked as well as the old toilets we used to have. I was very disappointed with the low water performance. I ended up getting pressure flush toilets. Those are the only kind that work as good as the old ones. I'd highly recommend to keep your old one.
scorpionleather wrote:

You're obviously not thinking of the children.
Science tip of the day:
Burning Hydrogen gas in an Oxygen environment will create "fresh" water. All other water is "used" water.
It's possible that the refreshing drink of chilled Evian you have with your quiche contains at least one molecule of the bladder evacuation from Julius Caeser's death throes - "Et poo, Brutus?"

all the time, were constantly dirty, and they took forever to refill. My low flow has NEVER backed up, it's easier to keep clean, and it's practically silent. If I could afford it, I'd swap out my other high flow toilet for a low flow. I have a Toto.