One Piece Low Flow Toilet Seat Replacement

We are looking to replace our ancient Case one piece lowboys with a new lowboy. Replacing a toilet seat on one of my Case toilets is really difficult, the other is so-so.. How is it on the new ones? Specifically, I am looking at an Am Std 2099.016.020 with a 15" rim height (warning... house with short people!). Sure hope that this an otherwise good flushing toilet. Thanks.

Larry B

The higher the top rim of the toilet tank (that=92s where the water is stored not where you sit) the better the flush you=92re going to have, irregardless of the make or model.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Check out Kohler and Toto. I've had Kohler low types for maybe 17 years, still going strong with help from Kohler customer service (great people). Toto gets a lot of respect from architects and designers, worth looking at.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Check out Kohler and Toto. I've had Kohler low types for maybe 17 years, still going strong with help from Kohler customer service (great people). Toto gets a lot of respect from architects and designers, worth looking at.

Joe Sorry about the delay. My newsreader has become bipolar.

I am open to all brand suggestions. However, I really did want to know about the Am Std lowboy and the difficulty in replacing the toilet seat. My current Case lowboy takes me 45 minutes as the ballcock parts block access to one of the seat bolts. I am searching for reviews but besides Amazon and Consumer Reports, there does not seem to be much out there.

Reply to
Larry B

For the "good flushing" part of your question, refer to this URL:

I couldn't find the 2099; however, by avoiding the ADA-Comfort Right Height models, which have high bowls, you may have something to chew on.

Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster

Hi Gary, wow, that is the motherlode of reviews. Thanks. It will take a little time to look that one over.

However, I may never look at soybeans in the same way.

If your concern about the 15" rim height not being ADA compliant, it is the least of my concerns. I am not selling for years to come. Meanwhile, the ladies will be happy, happy, happy!

Reply to
Larry B

Yes. I couldn't resist the "something to chew on" remark.

No no! I was pointing that out to use as a means of narrowing your search for low height toilets.

Regards, Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster