louvered vent for attic

I'm looking for some kind of louvered vent that I can install in the gabled end of my attic from inside the attic without using a ladder. Maybe looking for a web site. Been to the Depot don't like what they have, forget if I checked Lowes. I have a two story colonial house where the end of the house that I have to install is about 20 foot above the ground because of the grade at that side of the house. A bit taller than the ladder I have, I know I could rent one but it is too tall to get to for me.

Reply to
Sammy'

Just get a turbo fan with a switch and use it when it is hot. You got to keep it closed somewhat if you cannot prevent moisture from entering.

I forgot to mention that I have a whole house fan and I think I need more ways for the air to escape out of the attic.

Reply to
Sammy'

Check with some real building supply houses, or a real lumber yard. If they don't carry something, they likely know someone who will make what you want. They can also put it in for you.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

There are turbo fans that you can switch on and off that can be placed in the attic. It is like a bathroom vent for the attic. It is small and does not take up alot of space.

You might have a problem with an attic vent that installs from inside the attic, since that type of installation would greatly complicate waterproofing and sealing the vent to the he house itself.

Reply to
Steve the Sauropodman