louvered closet door replacement

I have a closet that houses my furnace and water heater. I has large louvered doors that covers a space that is 8ft tall and 6ft wide. I've checked a home center and found that new louvered doors are at a max of 80" tall. My guess is that I could order custom sized door but they'd be very expensive. Any ideas on a better solution for this?

Thanks.

Sure,drop the head jamb down to take normal sized doors and finish off the area above. What is wrong with the original doors?

Reply to
beecrofter

96" high louver doors aren't particularly rare. Lots of places they are used more than 80" ones. Check around on the net, local lumber yard, etc.
Reply to
dadiOH