Looking for "Navy Shower" Head. Don't plonk me

I'm looking for a shower head that has to be held on manually while bathing. Let go of the cord, the water stops. You can soap up, pull the cord get clean. Any suggestions locating something like this?
REH
Reh wrote:

Just saw a nifty faucet on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship last week. One knob controlled the temp, including a detent button to get to the really hot water, and another to cut the water on/off. Maybe you can contact them?
Reh wrote:

It's called a "self-closing" valve (or stop). Do a GOOGLE, or: http://www.plumbingworld.com/selfclosingshowervalves.html
Jim
Subject: Looking for "Navy Shower" Head. Don't plonk me Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => Reh <= wrote:>Looking for "Navy Shower" Head.
Cute...
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
G. Morgan wrote:

Legitimate question there ya landlubber. At sea, unless you're on a modern cruise ship, fresh water is a rather limited commodity; it must be loaded prior to embarkation, and/or created underway by evaporators.
Either way the "makes-the-ship-go" machinery and cooking get first dibs. So while showering, you get wet, secure the water (turn it off), lather up, then rinse.
======================================================================== "The...United States attacking Iran is ridiculous. Having said that, all options are on the table." G.W. Bush
Huh?
Kevin wrote:

Yeah, but I don't think he's on a ship. I think he's just trying to be a... a... a... you know... "Californian."
Remember, you can burn Hydrogen in the presence of Oxygen and get "fresh" water. All other water, including that in the designer bottles, is "used" water.
Subject: Re: Looking for "Navy Shower" Head. Don't plonk me Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => Kevin <= wrote:>>>Looking for "Navy Shower" Head.

Yeah I know, seaman. My mind was in the gutter.
PS:
Please fix your broken signature it should be "-- " (two dashes and a return), preceding it.
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Reh writes:

Home Depot, here anyways.
If you decide against a chain-operated one, a urinal valve could function in the same fashion.

That sounds more like a "Golden Shower" head......
;-]

Reh Wrote:

does have an on/off button
-- shishijoy
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:00:38 +0000, shishijoy

Sorry, just following this thread. Having been on a ship for years, I remember those handheld POS's. Typically they would just drippble out, cause the internial nozzle wore or was broken.
Man, nice flash back. From now on, it's hollywood showers for me, forever!
later,
tom @ www.BookmarkAdmin.com

I got one of those ones walmart sells above as well
Really like it so far!