Locating internal house wire from outside ??????

I'm building a roof over our patio. I'll be attaching one ledger board to the existing wall studs on the outside.
The question is: Is there a tool or device that can accurately locate internal house wire that is within the wall in question? ( I do not want to drill or lag into a Hot Cable - it will become a mess.)
Add pictures here
✖

This device should work for you: http://www.web-tronics.com/prcltoprkit7.html
At least according to the discussion found here:
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s šeb4aa247954ead20f0360b95dcf59f&t985
P.S. How many question marks does it take to ask a single question?
Add pictures here
✖

Six in this case; unless I'm wrong.
-- Oren
✖

+++++++++++++++++
Thanks for the suggestions. But, I added the question marks to my subject line to emphasize that it was a question. Not a statement. Not spam.
Add pictures here
✖

A sentence fragment does not become a question simply because you add 6 question marks to it.
How do I locate an internal wire from outside?
Now, that's a subject line that would not be construed as spam, includes everything we need to help us decide if we want to read the post, and even has less characters than the subject line you used. Gee, I'm kind of proud of that one! ;-)
Add pictures here
✖

No. you have to add 7 question marks to make it a question :-)
[snip]
Add pictures here
✖
I don't understand. If you are attaching to the studs, then why are you worried about hitting a cable that is between the studs?
Can you determine where the wire is by a starting and ending point? I've located wires by viewing where they enter the wall at the header.

Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 22, 4:46 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gate.net wrote:

- I don't understand. If you are attaching to the studs, then why are - you worried about hitting a cable that is between the studs?
On occasion, a wire might actually be run horizontally *through* the studs, not between them. Therefore a lag bolt into a stud might hit a wire. The OP would like to avoid that situation if at all possuble.
Add pictures here
✖
DerbyDad03 wrote:

:-)
Add pictures here
✖

- :-)
Good use of punctuation.
Add pictures here
✖
The device cited is for tracing phone wiring, though if you turn off the correct circuit breaker you can use it. For 120 volt wiring you need something like this:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Alternately, plug a vacuum cleaner into a socket that you suspect might involve your patio wire and use an AM radio to pick up static.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s šeb4aa247954ead20f0360b95dcf59f&t985
Add pictures here
✖

Please explain how this device can be used to locate a wire inside of a wall.
Add pictures here
✖
Which device? the Circuit Breaker Finder or the AM radio?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Add pictures here
✖