LED lamp - why doesn't it get short-circuited?

I just purchased an LED lamp. After opening it, I saw inside a circular aluminum plate with LED lights on it. On one end of the power supply is a 3-lead connector for L, N, and G wires. On the other end are two wires going to the aluminum plate. Since aluminum is conductive and the wires seem to go directly to the aluminum plate, why doesn't it get short-circuited? Is there an invisible circuit on the aluminum plate?
On 08/28/2016 08:13 PM, John Smith wrote:

It is probably not aluminum. The ones I have used are copper tracks plated with solder. The plating looks like aluminum. It is also a pain in the neck to solder aluminum.
On 8/29/2016 12:01 AM, T wrote:

circuit board.