Leaky Lyemance

I had a Lyemance top-sealing fireplace damper installed last Wednesday. It's raining today and I've noticed some leaking (drips, here and there, and one thin stream of water).
I think most or all of the water is coming from some quite visible gaps between the lid and frame of the Lyemance, near where the pivot pins (or bolts) connect the two parts. Does anyone here know whether I should expect a Lyemance damper to leak when it rains? Or whether my unit is defective or incorrectly installed? Thanks.
Bob Stanny