Leaking anti-siphon garden hose faucet

Hi All,
We have an outdoor faucet to hook up a garden hose. It is one of those "anti-siphon" types.
For context see this picture:
http://www.joshbeall.com/personal/antisiphon_onfaucet1.jpg
When we turn the water on it leaks extremely badly around the gray plastic cap that is on top. I removed it to get a closer look at it:
http://www.joshbeall.com/personal/antisiphon_ontable1.jpg
I noticed that there is no washer or anything to form a seal, it's all just hard plastic... is this how it is supposed to be?
Can I just buy a washer? Or do I replace that gray cap? Or do I need to replace the entire faucuet (I hope not)?
Thanks for any help!
-Josh
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You can't mess with it. Just replace with another new faucet. I have those out at my cabin. So far I don't have leak problem.
Unfortunately the thing is welded onto the house's plumbing infrastructure. :-(
I did manage to find a replacement part at Home Depot (with the help of one of their plumbers), and it works. There's still some slight leaking around the faucet knob itself when it's on... perhaps there's bad o-ring somewhere. But at least the hose is usable again. Before it leaked like crazy around the vacuum breaker (the bit I replaced).
-Josh
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My B&K has an O-Ring in that area. Not certain if that unit can be replaced. If you have a threaded type it is easier to just change the whole faucet. If it is solder type or not easy to get at is something else.
I replaced mine with the old style its not anti siphon, alot of hardware stores stock the old style Ace is where I got mine.
Tom

It'll meet the code if you put an anti-siphon adapter ($3.95) on the outlet of an old style sillcock providing it isn't a frost free sillcock. The frost free type must have it's own internal anti-siphon to meet code. I saw that warning on the package insert after I bought an anti-siphon adapter for my frost free sillcock. Won't work.
Bob
twfsa wrote:

deep freeze and forget to disconnect the hose.
This is easier to do than replace the faucet.
http://mansfieldplumbing.com/psummary.asp?PRODc0-7500