leaf blower/vacuumn

last year, in a previous thread, a mulching blade in a lawn mower was a better idea.
but I don't have a lawn mower and I don't want to rake the entire yard of leaves.
so, that leaves leaf blower/vaccuumn as the only option. some are mulchers. some I understand have attachments that connect to the garbage can.
what models have that feature? It has to be electric, corded or cordless.
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me
On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 00:51:33 -0600, dilbert firestorm

Can you borrow a power lawn mower. I just mow the lawn with a regular blade. Mulching blade isn't needed. If there's a hole for the clippings to come out , I tape a business-size, thicker than average envelope over it .
When I do this, after the leaves have dried in the fall, they practically disappear.

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 2:04:19 AM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

It depends on how many leaves you have. I have lots of big oak trees. I do the mower mulching in the beginning, when they are starting to come down. And at the end, when they are just about done. But in the middle period, when they are coming down the heaviest, there are just way too many to be able to mulch them. The grass would be buried and die.
Here the township takes them from the street, so the front portion I blow or drag using a tarp, into the street. The rest go into the woods. I had one of the mulching gas powered blowers that I used for the shrub bed areas. It was marginal at best. The bag just fills up quickly. That and the clogs, etc. When it died I couldn't find one that did the mulching, it wasn't that important to me, so I went with a Sears regular gas blower.

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 9:01:54 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

I use 3 methods: Mulch the "few", mow the "more" with the bag on, blow/rake the "big dumps". Based on the different types of trees and varying weather conditions, there is no first-second-last to which method I use. It all depends on what the lawn looks like on any given day. 'Mow the "more" with the bag on' is the method that gets used the most. Sometimes it's just one mower bag full, sometimes I use a wheel garbage can which will fit 3-4 mower bags full.
I use the shop vac to do SWMBO gardens, under the deck stairs, behind the AC, under the holly bushes, etc.
No town pick up where I live, but I live across the street from a wooded hill (steep!) that goes down to a bay. Either the tarp full or the mower bag full or the wheeled garbage can full goes over the hill.
Somebody threw a huge plastic bag of leaves down the hill last week. It really bothered me to see it lying there and I knew it would never go away, so I tied a rope around a tree and my waist and lowered myself down the hill (steep!) to retrieve it. Pisses me off that somebody couldn't take the time to dump the bag out instead of throwing it down the hill.
On 12/08/2015 01:04 AM, Micky wrote:

Other than sweep the leaves off the public sidewalk I do NOTHING at all with them. Next spring they simply decay and are gone. I figure they will simply nourish the grass and flowers naturally.

I didn't know that would happen. That sounds good too. I have to mow the lawn once in late fall, so I've waited until almost all the leaves have fallen, but I like your idea too.
On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 1:31:37 AM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

It sounds good if you want dead grass next spring. You can get away with some scattered leaves, but if you have big trees, a lot of leaves, they will smother the grass and kill it.
On 12/9/2015 7:24 AM, trader_4 wrote:

sounds like he needs go to plan b! :D
--
Dilbert Firestorm

remove *byteme* to email me

Just buy the loudest one available - louder is always better when chasing 4 leaves around the driveway for 5 minutes - .. just ask my neighbour. John T.
--- ---
On 12/8/2015 1:51 AM, dilbert firestorm wrote:

Guy that does lawns told me that none of the leaf blower mulchers are good if you have more than a few leaves.
On 12/8/2015 1:51 AM, dilbert firestorm wrote:

Where I live, there are at least a couple teenage boys who want to make some part time cash. Cheaper than buying a lawn mower. Who says you have to do everything your self?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Horizontal fan makes it harder to move left right motion.
Greg