Lead in Garden Hoses

It is by now no secret that the average Chinese/Walmart garden hose that we have always used has a lot lead being pumped out with the water into your lawn and garden and kid's pool.
The option is to use a Camper/RV hose which still has a trace amount of lead that the FDA under the Bush Administration deems safe for your kid's brain development.
The other option is Medical Grade hose with nickel fittings. The best option.
I am trying to find 5/8" hose at 50 feet or 25'. I can only find 1/2" hoses.
Any help appreciated.
If there is a another group to post this to .. let me know on this group.

I would like to see the technical proof to your claim that there is lead in the hose and if so, how much is leaching out.
I would like to see the technical proof to your claim that there is lead in the hose and if so, how much is leaching out.
*****************************
Do a Google search. Lot of hits.

Although I'm definitely a crusader when it comes to avoiding chemicals, your kids shouldn't be eating the lawn and drinking the pool water. And you said "no secret". I can believe the hose itself may contain lead, but you haven't shown evidence of how much leaches out of the hose material into the water. Please show that evidence now.
If by "garden", you mean vegetables, you can solve the problem by saving rain water for irrigation.
There is nothing new about using garden hoses for drinking water. After all why would they may both kinds of hoses. This as been known since I was a kid, long before Walmart was around and hoses were usually domestic products.
That said why do you think that Chinese or Walmart hoses are going to be any more of a problem than any other? Do you have any facts or is it all based on "It is by now no secret" which usually translates as "rumor" and is usually wrong.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
DJH wrote:

Bush said: "Don't be silly! I drank from a garden hose when I was a kid!"
Had it not been for the arrested brain development, just think to what heights Bush could have risen.

I bet Obama swallowed acid rain in Chicago, as a kid.

It' no secret what acid rain does to forest and streams.
Could have been a senator from New York, and protected children.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Consider yourself cured! You're welcome.
Donations accepted.

Yea you dont want lead on your lawn, it might stunt its mental development or make dumb ants. Many old mains supplys were lead or high lead, old piping can be high lead. If you run it clear before you drink it the lead amount is acceptable by EPA standards. Do you have any 35 yr old oil paint that is peeling, the dust from that can and does close down apts in Chgo for Lead violations, costing lanlords tens of thousands. But now we know kids with high lead in the blood might have just been playing with Chinese toys. You are over reacting, maybe its from Lead poisoning !