Lawn Fountain

Just moved in. Have a large in-ground, 3-pond water fountain. Each pond is made up of a stone rim and pebble -concrete base. It apparently hasn't been active for a few years. Once I got it cleaned out, I filled all the ponds with water. They didn't hold water overnight. There are not any obvious cracks, holes,etc. I suspect the concrete is porous. Is there any solutions such as a sealer that can be sprayed or painted on the concrete base?. Was thinking of Dri-loc (or something) for basement wall leaks...but think that would not look right. Aside from completely rebuilding the ponds with the proper liners...any thoughts?? Thanks Bg
Bg wrote:

I have used two things, both seemed to work.
First for a small project I used some of that dip rubber used for tool handles.
For a larger project, I had just done my garage floor with a nice 2 part epoxy and that is still working.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
The problem with epoxy (I too have painted multiple floors with two-part solvent-based epoxy) is that it chalks horribly, when exposed outdoors.

So your garage is now holding water???
;-]
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

*LOL*
--
dadiOH
____________________________
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

Not funny. The *&$% builder did not slop the concrete well in the garage so it does not drain properly. I have several puddle areas. If I ever build again, I will demand a test to assure that each bay drains to the center of that bay and out the door before closing.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Hmm..... Not so sure about the concrete (being porous).... assuming this has a pump/tubing for the fountains, have you checked the tubing/pump/seals? If it is the concrete, sounds like time for a liner....
Bg wrote:

They probably havn't been used in years because - they leak.
My neighbors have a similar setup.... they don't use theirs because - they leak.
Did the seller disclose this problem?