Laminate Flooring BOARD DIRECTION??????

We have two bedrooms that are at opposite ends of a hallway. One has a doorway straight into the room, the other has an angled door at 45- degrees in the corner of the room which opens into the hallway in one direction and the main front entrance in the other. We laid the straight door bedroom with the laminate floor perpendicular to the doorway opening which looks good the way the board lays.
Since the other bedroom door is 45-degrees, it can be access from two basic directions. We like the perpendicular view to the board direction but regardless of which way we lay it, it's longways in one. We were thinking the view coming from the front entrance is more readily seen but this would be 90-degrees out from the way we laid it in the back bedroom.
Not sure if it matters much since the hallway will be tiled. Just asking for opinions?
Thanks in advance! :O)

Why not snap a bunch of boards together and see how it looks multiple ways.
IIRC, I've seen where it's suggested to lay boards lengthwise into exterior light source. But that's in general with no consideration of specific locations. In the end, it's what you like.

The few times I installed laminate, I did it whichever way made the installing easier.
By the time you get the furniture in you don't see much of it anyway.
infiniteMPG wrote:

It may look nice at a 45 degree angle? I've seen that with real oak floors.
infiniteMPG wrote:

Absent compelling reasons to the contrary, wood flooring is usually laid parallel to the longest wall.
On 2/6/2010 5:19 PM, HeyBub wrote:

advisable to run in a direction toward the light source. Any cupping of the boards would be less visible.
LdB