Laminate floor transition troubles.. Need extra wide T-Moulding

I just finished putting in laminate floors in my living room but accidentally chipped a 1" piece of tile off where my living room meets my kitchen tile. No biggie, I thought...... I'll just get a peice of 3" wide T-Moulding instead of 2".
I have searched every store in town and spent many hours on the internet looking for some 3" T-Moulding to cover the oops and still overlap my laminate floor as well. Does anyone know where I can find this?
Signed.... Dead Meat
The wife's not too thrilled......
erh_5748 wrote:

Mr. Meat (or should I call you Dead?),
Unfortunately, I had to make one of those, as well as a stair nosing, but fortunately I have a full armory of tools in the basement. I took a sample of the laminate to the stain display and compared it the finished samples. I found a near perfect match to use on oak. Then I bought a board, cut it a little oversize (width and length) on a saw. Then I cut the rabbet and profile on the jointer, and planed it to the correct thickness. Finally I trimmed it to finished width with saw again. So if you don't have the tools or skills, then you might need to make a visit to a cabinetmaker's shop.
Hmm, would it be easier to replace the tile? You might be able to scavenge one from under the stove or a cabinet, if you can't find a match.
Good Luck.
Bob

They don't make allowances for the "ooops" factor. Know anyone with woodworking tools? They can probably make you something out of hardwood and you can stain to match if needed. Or maybe a 2" back to back can be modified to something else.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys..... I have some woodworking knowledge and could probably pull it off, just hoping I could buy one rather than have to make it. I'm going to look for a few more days before I give up hope. I figure I can stretch it out for that long before I get the option to sleep with the dog.......
Thanks again !