Kitchenaid Refrigerator Water odor

I have a side by side refrigerator that used to dispense great tasting water. I recently did som plumbing work soldering a copper pipe and used a lot of solder rosin. I think some of the rosin got into the plastic water tank and sat there for a while. Now the water has a bad taste. I have tried letting lots of water run through it and it still has the problem. Anybody have any ideas on how to get rid of the bad taste?
Thanks, Paul
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I would think that due to the low flow and the relatively large area in the tank there just isn't much cleaning action. You should be able to remove the plastic tank so that you can wash it with hot water and regular dish detergent which should be able to better clean the tank. Perhaps consider adding a filter inline to the fridge to help prevent future occurrences by stopping any contamination in an easily replaceable filter.
Pete C.
Good idea. I will try removing the tank and washing it out.
On 12 Mar 2006 17:46:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If the smell is IN the tank, a filter won't help. people always recoommend baking soda. Make a verrrry strong solution and let it sit for a few days. If that helps, do it again.
Then there is "activated" charcoal. Is that for this or is it just cigarrette nonnesse. Well, some kind of charcoal. Frankly I would think you could use charcoal briquettes, but maybe someone knows more. Let it set for a couple days. If it helps, do it again.
I would just rinse with plain water, many times. Any left over baking soad isn't going to hurt you and probably not any charcoal. I don't know if resin disolves in soap. My suggestions were only about getting rid of the taste. Don't know if they work.

On 12 Mar 2006 17:46:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Oh, yeah. Ask kitchenaid, or any competitor.
Buy a new tank.

In case washing it doesn't help I will look into buying a new tank. Any ideas where to get a replacement tank?