KitchenAid Gas Dryer not heating

I have a Kitchenaid Gas Dryer model KGYE570BWHI that isn't heating. The flame sensor, igniter and both coils have continuity, but the igniter never glows. I have checked the power coming to gas coils and it appears that the blue wire (listed as 3V) has around 7V and the red wire (listed a 1V) has 0.8 volts. I have not been able to locate the high limit switch yet but I don't believe I would have the 7V at the coils if the High limit switch was open.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Hi,

Checked the thermal fuse?

fuse, on blower housing cover, can not be re-set, must be replaced if is open (no continuity between pins).

common gas dryer info and tips.

Normally accessed from the back side....on a metal chamber on the right facing from the back.

Sould have 110-120 volts at the coils.

Q - My gas dryer will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating?

A - Things that could stop a gas dryer from heating:

- glow bar igniter ... - thermal fuse ( not all models ) ... - coil on the gas valve ... - gas valve ... - thermostats ... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - sensor ...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thanks for the info. I'll pull the unit out from the wall and check the thermal fuse tonight. I was unclear on the voltage to the coils. The schematic had a 7V and 1V designation next to the coil connections so I assumed they were voltages.

Reply to
Mark

I got the dryer out far enough from the wall to remove the back panel and put a meter on the thermal switch. It was an open circuit. I ran a jumper between the two wires that were connected to the switch and I had heat again. Time to get a new thermal switch! If I can't find one locally in the morning I'll give you a call Jeff. Thanks lot for you help.

Reply to
Mark

Glad to hear you got somewhere with it :)

Always a good idea to check/clean/adjust the venting system when ever the thermal fuse lets go!

Thankx for the update!!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid