kids keep kicking their football in to my back garden several times a day. What are my rights?

Page 2 of 3
dem bees bust a cap on you ah?
When I used to babysit, I had a penalty box. The boys would leave something out, and I'd put it in the penalty box. Cost them ten pushups to get it back. Might work, serious, for the football over the fence. Make sure you see the pushups in person.
On 9/9/2013 4:50 AM, John Dillinger wrote:

On 9/9/2013 3:50 AM, John Dillinger wrote:

Oh my God, now we have Politically Correct insects. O_o
TDD
I wonder how bees changed names, through the generations?
At various times, we'd had colored bees, dinges bees, darky bees, Afro bees, black bees, and what other bees did I miss? Aunt Bees, of course. In Mayberry.

Can't be. They're hyphenated African.

You are well within your rights to return the ball.
If i dont answer the door they climb the fence. What

Leave the gate unlocked so they don't need to climb the fence.
Dave M.
On 9/8/2013 3:56 PM, David L. Martel wrote:

We tried that here and the kids left the gate open thus allowing my Rotthuahua Sandy to get loose resulting in a cost of $150.00 to bail her out of Doggie Jail. O_o
TDD

That'll teach the little brat!
Oren,
The OP has a garden, not a pool.
Dave M.

I doubt he even has a house let alone a garden. If the kids are ringing his doorbell, why not answer it and talk to the kids? Seems to me that to resolve the problem(if there really is one) is to talk to the "problem" I find most post from homeowners hub to be highly suspect due to the stupidity of most of their questions YMMV

Which is why few here take them seriously.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

that should read "very" few :)

based on most of their questions, I would say they "dummied-upped" when they posted<g> I'd say less than 1% actually reply back
On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 15:44:01 +0000, Anonymous

Answer the door? Put up field goals?

If you can't beat them join them. If you can't fix a problem, feature it.
On 09/08/2013 08:44 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Sell the children on craigslist.
Jon
On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 15:05:01 -0700, Jon Danniken

Nah, people only buy things that work.
Anonymous <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85_8010 example.com> wrote:

Bring the ball inside.
Use a WebCam or whatever camera to record the events.
Charge them for it. Start small and increase the amount until it reduces the number of mis-hits. If they have no money, they can ask their parents. If they get nasty, get nasty in return. I like the suggestion of taking the air out of the ball, too. That will at least make them think about what they're doing and require them to have a pump.
John Doe wrote:

Hmmm, I sure don't want to have one like you as a neighbor. Once my window got broken by misthrown baseball from kidss playing caatch ball in the Cul de Sac. I just had it replaced and told the kid to be more careful and if it happens again he has to pay for the damage.
All kids are grown now and heading to college/university. We are always on friendly terms. If ball came into my yard I just told them to come andfind it themselves. How much damage can they cause walking on the lawn and beating bushes?
Once my dog ran away when he was puppy, I spread the word at the nearby school, one of them was who found him and brought home.
The guy is trying to protect his garden. People have a right to private property, at least here in the United States.
Nobody needs to hear this thing's life story...
--
Tony Hwang <dragon40 shaw.ca> wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Yup, You and Op were once a kid too., Eh? Life is not always black and white. Give some, take some, we live together in peace.