Kickboard/moulding

I am putting tile flooring in the bathroom and in the process of removing the old kickboard/moulding some areas have damage to the drywall. Since these spots will be covered by new kickboard/moulding, how thorough do I have to be in fixing the drywall near the floor?
Thanks, Greg

Not very fancy if they will be hidden.

Only if you might need to nail in those places, and the gaps are big enough to cause problems with that.