Keyless chuck

I just bought a Dewalt DW2350 from ebay, to install on my old DW100 drill. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the installation instructions. Anyone know how to get the old chuck off?

Thanks.

Darrell

Reply to
D Moss

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!

Reply to
Anonymous

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!

Reply to
Anonymous

Don't know that model but I have come across similar cases, chuck won't move, etc. Look down inside the chuck for a screw which goes into the end of the drill shaft. If there's one there it's a good chance it's a left hand thread. Undo that screw and the chuck will screw off the shaft on a right hand thread.

John

Reply to
John Manders

My little black&decker corded was a left hand for the center screw and right hand for the chuck it self. The big allen key trick worked quite well Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
<mrbreezeet1no spam

Damn, I love my keyless chuck...hasn't let me down in 3 years.

Another example of chocolate, vanilla or strawberry...

If they were that bad,they would have been put out of business years ago.

IMHO of course.

Remove TIE to reply.

Reply to
Bill Reynolds

keyed and keyless chucke both come in a range of qualities. cheap ones of either type will make your life miserable. good ones of either type are a joy to use.

Reply to
Bridger

Indeed.....

Remove TIE to reply.