Kenmore refrigerator ongoing noise

I have Kenmore model # (60167990 or 10660167990) refrigerator that is making ongoing noise. Freezer is at the top and there is no ice maker. It would stop making noise and start again and again. But the refrigerator is working as it should. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Every 20 minutes or so, the 'fridge motor starts running for 5-6 minutes- very noisy and annoying. Other than unplugging the refrigerator the noise will not stop.

Thank you very much for your help.

Annur

Reply to
annur

Maybe telling us what the noise sounds like would be a good idea, 'ya think?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Is the drip pan under the fridge rattling.

Reply to
gfretwell

Modern fridge have three, or sometimes more motors. Please give some specific details. Is the noise inside, under, behind, from the freezer, etc. And is the noise a hum, grow, squeak, chigga chigga, or whine?

We really do need more information.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This model was manufactured on 1999 or 2000. The noise seems to be coming from inside. It is making chigga chigga noise from a few min up to 5 min.

Thanks in advance Annur

ris working as it should. Is there a way to fix this

enoisewill not stop.

Reply to
annur

From here, that means likely either a bad evaporator fan, or defrost time. Those are the two noise makers inside the unit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I knew when he suggested it that chigga chigga whould be a problme for me. I thought it was a steam locomotive but I guess not.

If you take a piece of wood a couple feet long and put it on each part in turn, and put your ear near the other end, you should be able to track down the noise. You don't have to do only parts than can make noise. any part will do and help you get closer to the noise maker. Try not to stick it into a moving fan blade.

working as it should. Is there a way to fix this

therefrigeratorthenoisewill not stop.

Reply to
mm