Kenmore oven, oven/clock lights stay on.

Hi All, I have a Kenmore built-in oven modle # 911.30168792. My problem is the oven/clock lights stay on and nothing else. Not flashing nor is it displaying any error codes, just all the lights lit up on the ERC board. Pressing the keypad brings no response. I am thinking problem is ERC or Keypad, however I don't know how to check them. Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks Dave
Harry Tuttle wrote:

Harry and Dave Have you tried just resetting the circuit breaker?
Harry Tuttle wrote:

Hi,
Try removing the power to the oven for a bit and then turn the power back on to see if the control will reset.
Many techs have a key panal tester they will use to see if the jey panal is "capable" of working...but still isn't written in stone that if it passes it is ok. Many ovens have a tech sheet inside the consol area with tips on checking the control. Might eve nbe able ot disconnect the key panal from the clock to see wha thappens.
911.######## is a Roper built Kenmore with GE parts :(
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N2996 Touch pad & control panel assembly, black
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N8698 Electronic clock control

Thanks for the speedy replys. For a little more info. The oven was unpluged (it plugs into a wall outlet in back of the unit) for several days and still same problem. This all happened after I lost power in a storm. When the lights came back on the oven\clock lights just stay on like they are frozen. Unpluging unit for a long time makes no differance. I unpluged keypad ribbon cable and it did not phase the lights, they stayed on. The tech sheet gives ERC Failure codes, however my unit is not flashing any codes. Another thing, the oven doesen't have 10 hours operating time, although it's about 2 years old. Thanks Again Dave
Harry Tuttle wrote:

Another reason to have whole house surge protection. I sounds like it got hit.
Sorry I don't have any constructive advice

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Hi,

the lights came back on the

Certainly -sounds- like the control got zapped....no testing for that other than trying a new control....you have eliminated resetting the unit and tried without the key panal attached with the same results.
Hello, I have had this same problem. Would like to know what you di to fix it. Did replacing the ERC work Thanks, Ke