Kenmore Dishwasher

We just purchased a used Kenmore 18" Portable Dishwasher (Model 587.17252200). At the normal wash setting and water heat option selected, the heating element turns on only at the water miser cycle. It will not turn on at the initial normal wash cycle.
Is this the way the water heat suppose to work. If not, any suggestions as to the problem and repair? Thanks.

Sounds right. Most depend on the water being hot and just boost it on one wash and perhaps one rinse depending on what is selected.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (CKY) wrote in message

Hi,
I found a diagram for your d/w ( surprized me! ) and found.....
The heating element will heat up the water ( if needed ) during the 4th fill of the pots and pans cycle, during the 3rd fill of the heavy cycle, 2nd fill of the normal cycle and the first fill of the water miser cycle. Comes on again in the middle of the main wash area....and comes on again during the dry cycle ( if selected ).

Looks that way.
Is there a heating problem?
jeff Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /