kenmore dehumidifier-recommendations?

In 2003-4 I bought a kenmore dehumidifier. AFter less than a year, I took it for warranty service- fan motor replaced. Now, 2 years later, it's just not pumping out any more water. Sounds like the compressor is running, but I haven't taken it apart to check it. I keep it on a shelf with a drain into the sink and the humidity level in the basement requires it to run almost full time. I'm thinking that, if it is a fan motor, I'm ready to replace the whole unit because I want one with greater reliability. Thoughts? Recommendations on a good model? Does pint capacity matter since it's on a drain system, rather than the tub? Thanks.

Reply to
Michael Muderick

The pint capacity is how much water the unit can remove fron the air in a given time period, not how much water the tub or drain system can hold. You should size the unit to the size of the area that the dehumidifier is in, and maybe how damp the area is .

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

"Michael Muderick" wrote

== I got a 70 pint Danby to replace my Kenmore and am very pleased with its performance so far.

Reply to
Gini

You are right to dumb the Kenmore. Mine broke 4 times in 4 years. Each time it was covered by the refrigeration system warrant. When it broke again, I decided that was enuf. I bought a 70 pint whirlpool at Lowes. I think it was built in the US. Works well so far but note that one of their factories just closed so check the carton before you buy to see where yours is built. The Kenmore was from CHina and well rated by consumer reports.

Reply to
Art