keeping kerosene

I have kerosene for a heater, about 3 gals, that I don't want to throw away..
If it were gas, I'd put in stabilizer... but kerosene ???
Jeff Klein wrote:

You can use the same stabilizer, but it is not likely you will need it. If you bought it for last winter's use and plan to use it next winter, it should be fine. While kerosene is subject to the same kind of reactions that gasolines are, the proceed more slowly and create less of a problem. Even gasoline in a single year is usually not a problem.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:14:44 GMT, "Jeff Klein"

I toss it in my fuel oil tank at the end of the heating season. My oil dealer is also a personal friend of mine, he states that a few gallons of kero dropped into tank that's half full or more will have no adverse effects.
Barry
I have used 10 year old kerosene without doing anything special. Burned just fine.
Now... maybe it was a stupid thing to do, and I just got away with it; but it seemed okay.