KaBoom automatic toilet cleaner

Page 1 of 2
Have any of you tried this? I got one and was a little puzzled about the installation. When I put the outlet tube down into the overflow tube it caused a siphoning action that lowered the level in the tank which caused the refill valve to open briefly about every ten minutes. I relocated the outlet tube so it just barely enters the overflow tube and it seems to work better. The instructions don't cover this and there is no contact phone number to call. Does my solution sound right?
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 23, 7:30 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

And it will most likely ruin your flapper valve in short order causing your toilet to leak 50 gallons a day.
Add pictures here
✖
(---MIKE---) wrote:

The cleaner doesn't go in to the tank. It goes directly in to the bowl via the "overflow" tube which also is the fill tube. Fluidmasters cleaner is based off the same principal, never goes in to the tank.
Add pictures here
✖

all those cleaners can cause more trouble than its worth. cleaners can and do clog the interior passages of the toilet. causing water to just swirl round and round
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I don't buy nuthin' that the screaming fat man, with a beard hawks ;(
Add pictures here
✖
Frank,you beat me to it. The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays commercials is Giekos's. Maybe they can hire him to do a commercial for them. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Geiko's ad managers weren't taking kickbacks from the competition. I would not deal with them--ever--under ANY circumstance, strictly because of their commercials, and the frequency with which they air them. Larry
Add pictures here
✖
Oh pshaw, on Sun 23 Dec 2007 12:37:47p, lp13-30 meant to say...

I wish Billy Mays would go "Kaboom"!
--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, December 23rd,2007
✖
On Dec 23, 2:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (lp13-30) wrote:

re: The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays commercials is Giekos's.
Head On - Apply directly to the forehead Head On - Apply directly to the forehead Head On - Apply directly to the forehead
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:52:22 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

umm...er...it's GEICO (Govt Employees Ins Co)
sorry
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 23 2007, 2:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (lp13-30) wrote:

I've got to tell you an incident I had with a Geiko supervisor on the phone.
A young lady hit me in the rear while I was sitting at a red traffic light. When I went to rent a car, the guy told me that Geiko would only pay for a tiny little compact piece of crap. My vehicle is a 30 thousand dollar van with a full leather interior and every comfort available.
I called Geiko and after arguing with the Indian on the phone, I asked to speak to his supervisor. The English speaking supervisor then told me "I don't care what you drive, all we'll give you is what we offered."
I told him that I was going to rent a vehicle that was the same standard as the one his customer disabled and if necessary, I would sue his company for the difference.
Now check out his reply:
"Hey Pal, this isn't Judge Judy. You can sue anyone you like, but we'll just tie you up in court until we bleed you dry"
No kidding. The guy actually said those exact words. I wrote them down.
Well, to make the story short, I rented a vehicle that was the same size as what I'm used to driving and Geiko paid for it without even a whimper.
That's good, because I was ready to take it to court if necessary to prove the point. I was going to ask the Judge for at least $1,000 dollars in punitive damages as well.
To sum it up, I wouldn't buy anything from the screaming idiot on TV *OR* that piece of crap company named Geico. I don't care if they were giving it away.
Add pictures here
✖
Merlin wrote:

Often wondered about Geico. I had trouble with AARP backed insurance of woman that hit me. I'm blessed with lawyer sons. Amazing what a letter from my son to them did ;)
Frank
Add pictures here
✖

I hear you Frank. Lucky you. My son is a car salesman and makes 5 times what I do, but I do wish he was a lawyer.
The young lady who hit me was yakking on a cell phone and didn't notice the red light or me in front of her. She actually fought the case. During it, I said to the Judge that I felt it right for her to pay ALL of the expenses. The kid interrupted and told the Judge she thought that *I* should have to pay for her cell phone.
Neither the Judge or I understood her reasoning. She lost.
Add pictures here
✖

Amen! The companies he does ads for owe me a set of batteries for my remote, since I have to lunge for the MUTE button in a panic when that crap comes on.
Add pictures here
✖
ransley wrote:

Huh? It has nothing to do with the flapper. Do many people even still have toilets that use flappers? It was the first requirement when I changed toilets that the new ones be flapperless. Can you even still buy toilets with flappers?
Add pictures here
✖

no flapper mean no flushy!!!
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in (---MIKE---) wrote:

Google Niagra flapperless toilet;I have one,it works great,NO flapper to rot and leak.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
(---MIKE---) wrote:

Yes, and it still works fine.
Add pictures here
✖
TD wrote:

Yeah they work, but it's rather a pain to have to change the flapper every few years when it deforms and starts leaking. Flapperless toilets are the way to go. They're in short supply right now due to the high demand, but you can find them if you try.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:30:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

You actually let that Billy Mays sucker you into buying that peice of shit. Dude, you're a fucking loser and a retard. The only thing I do when that homo-dick-sucker Billy boy comes on my tube is mute the volume.
You can learn more about this faggot here: http://www.atmospheric-violence.com/mays
Add pictures here
✖
I have been using the KaBoom for three weeks now. It does an amazing job of preventing hard water deposits in my toilet bowl. This had been a problem for the last 17 years and now the bowl stays clean. I don't care for Billy Mays' commercials either but the product is good.
---MIKE---

>> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Add pictures here
✖