KaBoom automatic toilet cleaner

Have any of you tried this? I got one and was a little puzzled about the installation. When I put the outlet tube down into the overflow tube it caused a siphoning action that lowered the level in the tank which caused the refill valve to open briefly about every ten minutes. I relocated the outlet tube so it just barely enters the overflow tube and it seems to work better. The instructions don't cover this and there is no contact phone number to call. Does my solution sound right?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

New Hampshire

And it will most likely ruin your flapper valve in short order causing your toilet to leak 50 gallons a day.

Reply to
ransley

The cleaner doesn't go in to the tank. It goes directly in to the bowl via the "overflow" tube which also is the fill tube. Fluidmasters cleaner is based off the same principal, never goes in to the tank.

Reply to
Brian V

all those cleaners can cause more trouble than its worth. cleaners can and do clog the interior passages of the toilet. causing water to just swirl round and round

Reply to
hallerb

I don't buy nuthin' that the screaming fat man, with a beard hawks ;(

Reply to
Frank

Frank,you beat me to it. The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays commercials is Giekos's. Maybe they can hire him to do a commercial for them. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Geiko's ad managers weren't taking kickbacks from the competition. I would not deal with them--ever--under ANY circumstance, strictly because of their commercials, and the frequency with which they air them. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30

Oh pshaw, on Sun 23 Dec 2007 12:37:47p, lp13-30 meant to say...

I wish Billy Mays would go "Kaboom"!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

re: The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays commercials is Giekos's.

Head On - Apply directly to the forehead Head On - Apply directly to the forehead Head On - Apply directly to the forehead

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:52:22 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03 graced this newsgroup with:

umm...er...it's GEICO (Govt Employees Ins Co)

sorry

Reply to
Max

You actually let that Billy Mays sucker you into buying that peice of shit. Dude, you're a f****ng loser and a retard. The only thing I do when that h*mo-dick-sucker Billy boy comes on my tube is mute the volume.

You can learn more about this f***ot here:

search

I have been using the KaBoom for three weeks now. It does an amazing job of preventing hard water deposits in my toilet bowl. This had been a problem for the last 17 years and now the bowl stays clean. I don't care for Billy Mays' commercials either but the product is good.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

Don't hold back. Tell us what you really feel. His voice is terribly annoying, almost as shrill as Hillary's.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On Thu 03 Jan 2008 09:00:29a, SteveB told us...

At least he's a *man*, and a very sexy one at that. Hillary looks and acts like a man in drag. Shemust suffer terribly from penis envy.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Huh? It has nothing to do with the flapper. Do many people even still have toilets that use flappers? It was the first requirement when I changed toilets that the new ones be flapperless. Can you even still buy toilets with flappers?

Reply to
SMS

no flapper mean no flushy!!!

Reply to
bigjcw1023

SMS wrote in news:477efd22$0$84190$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

Yes, and it still works fine.

Reply to
TD

I do not consider someone with a painted on beard to be "sexy". That beard is as fake as his products. I don't consider any male to be "sexy". I'm a guy, and other guys do not attract me sexually.

Just MHO, YMMV.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com:

Google Niagra flapperless toilet;I have one,it works great,NO flapper to rot and leak.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Yeah they work, but it's rather a pain to have to change the flapper every few years when it deforms and starts leaking. Flapperless toilets are the way to go. They're in short supply right now due to the high demand, but you can find them if you try.

Reply to
SMS

I've got to tell you an incident I had with a Geiko supervisor on the phone.

A young lady hit me in the rear while I was sitting at a red traffic light. When I went to rent a car, the guy told me that Geiko would only pay for a tiny little compact piece of crap. My vehicle is a 30 thousand dollar van with a full leather interior and every comfort available.

I called Geiko and after arguing with the Indian on the phone, I asked to speak to his supervisor. The English speaking supervisor then told me "I don't care what you drive, all we'll give you is what we offered."

I told him that I was going to rent a vehicle that was the same standard as the one his customer disabled and if necessary, I would sue his company for the difference.

Now check out his reply:

"Hey Pal, this isn't Judge Judy. You can sue anyone you like, but we'll just tie you up in court until we bleed you dry"

No kidding. The guy actually said those exact words. I wrote them down.

Well, to make the story short, I rented a vehicle that was the same size as what I'm used to driving and Geiko paid for it without even a whimper.

That's good, because I was ready to take it to court if necessary to prove the point. I was going to ask the Judge for at least $1,000 dollars in punitive damages as well.

To sum it up, I wouldn't buy anything from the screaming idiot on TV

*OR* that piece of crap company named Geico. I don't care if they were giving it away.
Reply to
Merlin