KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

That's neighborly of you, to call in gas leaks.
Might be KABOOB!!!! there might be tits everywhere.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Thanks for posting that. I didn't see this on any of the morning news shows today. Wake up call for everyone to check their utilities & appliances.
One dry winter days I used to keep a pot of water simmering on low on the gas stove. One time I smelled gas and saw that the flame had gone out. First thing I did was turn the knob off. Not that bright -- to turn the flow off from the 'low' setting, it first increases the gas flow, then fires an arc to light the gas. Fortunately there was not enough gas to light. Next time I'll remember to open the doors and air out first.
On 12/17/2013 12:12 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

I have a big pot, a very big pot of water on the stove to provide humidity on very cold dry days and set a very low flame under it but if my roommate opens the window behind the stove, a brisk breeze will blow out the pilots and the burner. Fortunately, the house is old and not hermetically sealed like a lot of new homes so there is a lot of air infiltration to dilute any gas. ^_^
TDD
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:54:55 AM UTC-6, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Thank goodness unionized firemen,police and EMS showed up .. huh ?
We know no republicans would risk their life doing that work, but they certainly expect those workers to.
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:01:09 PM UTC-5, Daring Dufas : Hypocrite gay TeaBillie on welfare wrote:

What an ass. In lots of places, the firemen and EMS are volunteeers, not union members. Right here in my town in NJ, they are volunteers. And nobody asks your party affiliation when you join a union or the armed forces.

Dang! I didn't know this would turn into the thread from hell but at least it's got folks discussing the safety of natural gas in the home. ^_^
TDD

I'm surprised it's stayed on topic this long.
Anyone tried the BK "French fry burger"? I like it plain, ketchup. For a buck, it's a good treat for me between jobs.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Nice try to hijack this thread but... they use GAS to cook the burgers. So there! Neener, neener, neener!