translate to

one

No they don't.
On 12/18/2013 3:28 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Wonder how that works out, for cities in NYS? Albany, Syracuse, Binghamton, etc.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Gordon Shumway wrote:

They used to market nat gas as "clean, safe, dependable", now it's just "clean and dependable", do you think they dropped "safe" for no reason?

More bullshit. It's still marketed as safe: http://www.citizensenergygroup.com/Energy.aspx
"safe and reliable ... clean-burning"

Hmmm... that shows a total of 3380 fires in a five-year period. That's a long way from your bullshit claim of 4000+ explosions per year.
3380 fires in 5 years = 676 per year. In a nation with a population of over 300 million.
Total of 77 fatalities = 15 per year, which makes gas safer than swimming or climbing ladders.
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:50:03 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

Swimming pools, hell, that makes gas heat safer than 5-gallon buckets (somewhere between 10 and 40 drown in 5-gallon buckets each year).
Doug Miller wrote:

That figure is per year, 3,280 nat gas and L.P. fueled incidents per year, every year during the noted period. Nearly 9 incidents every day on average, though they will be weighted more towards the winter months in much of the country.

ladders.

Fires, not explosions.
On 12/18/2013 11:41 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Safer than electricity http://esfi.org/index.cfm/page/Home-Electrical-Fires/pid/12854
On 12/18/2013 7:38 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

In Birmingham about 10 years ago a steam pipe from the steam plant operated by Alabama Power ruptured and boiled a couple of people in their parked car. The plant dates back to 1895 and Birmingham isn't that old as most large cities go but there are very old pipes and wires running under our streets that can fail at any time. Basically, every source of energy we use is dangerous in some way or another but are we to crawl in bed and pull the covers over our heads? o_O
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Some more so than others.

Certainly, and we've shown that gas is even safer than electricity. It's cheaper, too. What's not to like?

You can't smell an electrical leak. ^_^
TDD
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:09:14 -0600, The Daring Dufas

You can smell Pete C.
On 12/17/2013 09:41 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Millions more people die from strokes, cancer, liver disease, dementia, heart disease and diabetes yet that doesn't stop the McJunkFood chain from selling slabs of fat, salt and sugar disguised as food.
Got any of those diseases yet? Have some more fast food, you will!

Far more people have been killed in fires caused by electrical wiring and device defects than by gas explosions or gas asphyxiation. Perhaps electricity simply isn't safe for residential use either.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

turned

It

families

adults

for.

striking

winding

during

least

in

gas

and

This reminds me of the gas company vs electric company battles in the late 19th century when they were both fighting for control of the lighting market.
On 12/17/2013 9:54 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

? were both fighting for control of the lighting market.

Do you also remember all the safety concerns about motor cars, and how they needed someone on foot with a red flag, ahead. To not scare the horses.
--
.
Christopher A. Young