JB Weld problem

Page 3 of 3

WTF does silicone have to do with epoxy?
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 2, 8:22 am, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Old products that you are not aware of being bad when you buy them.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:14:14 -0700 (PDT), ransley

Always check the "sell by" date when you buy eggs!
Add pictures here
✖

Be that as it may. Epoxy just about always cures. That's one of it's advantages over polyester resin.
Add pictures here
✖

A few years back I found a caulking tube of something that had cured solid in the tube. I don't recall if it was silicon or not, but I remember it being clear.
We peeled the paper off and had a solid, yet slightly pliable mass.
It didn't smell bad until you put it right next to your nose. Then it stung your nostrils and made your eyes water. That was the weirdest part. 2 inches from your nose, nothing, but get it right next to your nose and it was like smelling salts.
Add pictures here
✖

✖
On Aug 2, 1:41 am, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Old product.
Odds are you picked this up at some mom & pop hardware store that doesn't rotate their stock.
Try purchasing from a different source.
Add pictures here
✖