J-B Weld vs. J-B Kwik

so does the skin of your finger.
My isopropyl alk hs no oil. Better go read the labels in the pharmacy.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Words on labels can be VERY misleading. Did you know that "better" is superior to "best"? It is in advertising! Do you know what it means if something is labeled "All natural"? It merely means that it isn't made of plastic. Dog poop is "all natural", and so is arsenic.
Do and believe whatever you like.
CWM

Googled and read at least a dozen sites talking about rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) ingredients including several MSDS sheets. No oil mentioned at all.

Good for you, Rick. Means nothing. Go read the ingredients on every box of cereal in the supermarket. Does even one of them mention "insect fragments" or "rodent hair and feces" as ingredients? There is some in every box, regardless. There are even government standards for how much there can be.
CWM

So what you actually meant was "Don't use any product ever because they contain trace elements of stuff not listed in their ingredients." Why didn't you just say that in the first place?
(when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging)

Good advice - for you.
Meanwhile, rubbing alcohol contains oil. If you want to add oil to curing epoxy, be my guest.
CWM
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 00:08:58 GMT, "Rick Brandt"

He must be buying his rubbing alcohol from Iraq. Everything contains oil over there.
Of course his wife could have poured some baby oil in his bottle of rubbing alcohol and told him to lubricate his peter before sex...... ---- :)
Charlie Morgan writes:

What magic oil is that, which does not appear on an ingredients label, and which mixes with water and alcohol?
Rubbing alcohol is not pure, denatured is a bit better, Rubbing alcohol leaves a visable residue , possibly its the poison in it. JB weld does not recomend at all Alcohol to clean surfaces because of possible petroleum products in it. Rubbing alcohol wont clean a camera lens correctly.
I just did a repair with JB weld in 48hrs at 10-20f it cured hard, JB says it cures to -60f

Go stand in the corner, Kinch.
CWM

No it dont..... It's isopropyl alcohol and water, usually 70 alc 30 wat, but there is a 90 - 10 variety.

Another tip for using epoxy: If you don't want the epoxy to stick to something, coat it with vaseline first. For example, coat a straw with vaseline, pack epoxy with filler around it and when the epoxy cures, slide the straw out and you'll have nice smooth hole through the epoxy. It's also great for those areas that you need to protect from the epoxy so you don't end up locking up something that should be able to move.
JB Weld will probably fail if the surface is cleaned with Alcohol,, that what JB said to me the other day, its the petroluem impurities, likely the poison.

That means that if I wanted to use JB Kwik on my pecker, so I could not not get it out of the gorgeous blond next door, I'd have to skip the vaseline? Damn, that sucks..... <lol>