--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 01/30/2014 09:49 AM, willshak wrote:

I was an avid reader of Asimov and believed everything he predicted could be true. My father always chided me for reading such trash.
Then, when one of Asimov's stories mentioned a desk-top computer... the bubble of fantasy burst and I realized my father was right.
How funny.
On 1/30/2014 11:15 AM, philo wrote:

What about them Star Trek Communicators. Beam me up, Scotty; there's no intelligent life down here.
As I write, I have on my hip a LG flip phone which has speakerphone (which I seldom use). If Jimmy Doohan were still alive, I could hold it in front of my chest and ask him to beam me up.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/31/2014 02:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Those flip phones were modeled after the Start Trek communicators.
I really get a kick out of those sci-fi movies from the 30's where the intercom system on those space ships used a dial phone!

The amazing world of the future:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JenFjM9ncG0

Prediction for the year 2000.
--