Is there any way to play a MP3 player thru Auto CD Player

Page 5 of 5
DerbyDad03 has brought this to us :

Ah, thanks for mentioning that. I inherited my grandfather's Rambler and when I took a trip from Keene, NH to East Blue Hill, ME I discovered that the windshield wipers only worked when it wasn't raining.
40 years later and I'm starting to understand what that was.
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 18:32:10 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Depends on the engine - They did use Prestolite and Delco Remy - possibly both on the same engine. I worked for an AMC dealer for a short time in the early seventies.

Chevy did the same on their low end models up until the late fifties.

Yeah, those vacuum wipers...sucked. <g>
--
Tekkie

You think vacuum wipers sucked, you want to experience a vacuum fuel pump (like on my old '28 Chevy
On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 10:20:28 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrot e:

a wrote:

my

unit.

t AMC

radio

andard

90's. I

w before.

'66

pump

orm

Whoosh!

Never came across one of them. They must have been great while starting.
--
Tekkie

On 10/02/2016 06:30 AM, Tekkie® wrote:

http://wiki.bssd.org/index.php/Diaphragm_Fuel_Pumps
They aren't vacuum only since they're tapped into the two-stroke's crankcase but they work. A lot of bikes with gravity feed fuel systems have a vacuum operated petcock. Usually there's enough fuel in the float bowl to get the engine running. If not, the petcock has a 'prime' position to manually allow fuel flow.
I had a '62 Continental where many of the functions like the heating system were vacuum operated. That was a joy when they started failing.

No problem unless you ran out of gas. Basically a #40 juice can on the firewall that gravity fed the carb. When the level in the can dropped, a valve mechanism applied vacuum from the manifold to the fuel line to suck more gas into the can. When the float in the can came to the top it switched off the vacuum to the fuel line - repeat every minute or so depending on fuel demand. (somewhat simplified). Stewart was one common brand.

Was that combined with Werner(sp)
--
Tekkie

I don't know what the actual acronym stands for, but it's basically just the standard rectangular size for most car stereos.
Double DIN is common in newer cars and is twice the height of the standard single DIN.

You can find install adapters for most cars. You simply remove the factory radio, install the new adapter plate that fits like the factory radio, then install your new stereo in the adapter plate. Here's one example for the 96 Plymouth Voyager:
https://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Install-Plymouth-Voyager- installation/dp/B000KL4IYS
The end result looks like a factory installation. No cutting the dash, fabricating brackets, or any of that kind of thing.
You can also get wiring adapters that will let you plug your new stereo into the existing wiring so you don't have to cut any wires in the vehicle. This will let you easily reinstall the factory radio if you decide to sell the car.

Yes, I think every aftermarket stereo has a clock built in.

These days most people would prefer a nice AM/FM/CD stereo over a factory AM radio. :)

Most modern stereos have decent tuners. My wife's car is missing an antenna and still pulls in FM stations easily. AM is another matter, but who listens to AM anymore? :)

I have a CD player in my car, but all I ever listen to is the radio. I don't drive much anymore so it's not worth the hassle taking a CD in and out of the car. Besides, I haven't bought a CD in years, and download most of my music off of iTunes or similar sources.
If I was buying a new stereo I would look for a USB or SD card interface and skip the CD player. My wife and daughter both have USB drives filled with hundreds of MP3 songs in their cars.
On 9/24/2016 10:31 AM, HerHusband wrote:

Nearly 20 years ago I had an 10 year old car stolen and stripped. It was found up on blocks, all the tires and rims including spare were stolen. Under the hood, it looked like everything was scooped out, engine, transmission etc. The only thing the thieves left was the radio. It occurs to me that if a 20 year old car is stolen, maybe the only things the thieves would take is the new radio ;)
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 2:53:18 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

re: "The only thing the thieves left was the radio."
For a brief second I pictured a radio sitting on the street up on blocks.
Now that would be a funny thing for some creative thieves to do. :-)

It is a 2004 Corolla which had neither on the base system

That's been suggested several times and it has been noted that the sound quality is often poor and when travelling younkeep having to change frequencies to avoid interference from strong local stations.