Is it possible to renew the finish on kitchen cabinets??

I'd like to renew the finish on my kitchen cabinets before putting my house on the market

I've tried the "cabinet magic" route as well as the lemon oil polishes but the sheen they impart lasts for several hours and disappears. Are there any remedies to imparting a longer lasting furniture luster to kitchen cabinets short of the lengthy process of totally stripping them down and restaining and recoating them.

Is there any product that can recoat the existing finish and impart a new coating with a luster?? Thanks for your help!

Reply to
victor

If the finish hasn't worn through to wood, you might get away with just degreasing them in alcohol and putting another coat of clearcoat (polyerethane, varathane, varnish or whatever it should be). Sprayed on would be best.

Try to experiment on the inside of the bottom doors.

Painting with glossy white paint has been done but its a step backward IMO.

Reply to
PipeDown

A similar approach, which yields good results, is to clean and degrease with very fine steel wool and lacquer thinner, then a clearcoat darkened ever so slightly with toner.

Ken

Reply to
bambam