fuel pickup on 2 hp Briggs

My neighbor has an old tiller with a Briggs 60102 motor. The fuel tank is screwed to the carburetor as a sort of float bowl. A plastic tube with a screen on the end extends down into the fuel. It seems to be clogged, probably with off-season deposits.

How can I remove the tube? A 9/16" wrench fits the screened end, but it won't turn and so far has not slid out. If it won't come out, is there a solvent that could clean it in place?

Reply to
Sawney Beane

Sawney,

Gumout Carb Cleaner should work.