Is Harry digging a 51-mile trench?

http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/UK-Residents-Dig-Their-Own-51-Mile-Fiber-Trench-119177

Lancashire:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/9711150.stm
Watch closely, lots of people with shovels and one quick shot of a backhoe bucket being emptied.
I'd guess volunteers will use what they have available. In what appears to be farm country, there could be lots of power equipment.
Interesting that 51 miles seems to also be the length of the Panama Canal.
--
Dan Espen

On 4/11/2012 1:12 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

Right this minute, they are putting a new TV cable up my street. Guy doing it said it would be buried 18 inches. They have to plow through my front lawn and under my driveway.
Just a couple of weeks ago, they buried a FIOS line to my house for my phones.
Last year they buried new TV cable to my house but now have to do the whole street. Old lines were about 30 years old. Shame they can't string new cable through old conduit.
It takes 4 groups of people to come out and mark existing underground utilities: one for old phone line, one for Verizon FIOS, one for Comcast Cable TV and internet and one for electric.
On 4/11/2012 1:54 PM, Frank wrote:

Photo:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2prheys.jpg