Is 100% Acrylic Paint the best available?

I am getting ready to paint my (stucco) house again. It was last painted in

1990 and actually still looks very good.

Most professional painters in this area use "Frazee" paint. This appears to be a regional maker of paint in the South West.

Their best exterior paint is touted as 100% Acrylic ($ 22). Is superior paint composed of 100% Acrylic? Should I only consider paint that is 100% Acrylic? Is Glidden or SW paint 100% Acrylic?

What is other, good paint made of, if not 100% Acrylic?

If I sound confused that's because I am.

Reply to
Walter R.

Look at some past applications. I'm not sure acrylic is flexibel enough to accept thermal movement. TB

Reply to
tbasc

100% acrylic is the best latex paint. I think oil, in fact, is what's not flexible enough to accept movement. I believe it's the very nature of the acrylic itself that makes it flexible, not the percentage of it. But I could be wrong.
Reply to
jeffc

Especially since, looking at the Frazee web site, the product that will probably be used is called "Elasto-meric" :-)

Reply to
jeffc

Acrylic paint is a bit harder (tougher?) than acrylic-vinyl which is more so than vinyl. Most trim paint is acrylic. As to what is better, it depends on the application. Vinyl is a bit more flexible and water vapor permeable. As far as brands, all the manufacturers make paints in all the different types. I like Sherwin Williams but Benjamin Moore and Muralo are quite good as well. It's more personal preference.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Baron

It really comes down much more to product, rather than brand. SW makes good paint, and they make crap paint, pretty much like all major manufacturers.

Reply to
jeffc

Not surprising that you are confused. I checked out your website.... very self proclaimed "learned" pontificator who has zero common sense.

Reply to
djay