Inverter in new cars

I prefer my key pad interface. I can select songs by number without looking away from the road,

Reply to
gfretwell

HeyBub

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Reply to
gfretwell

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

a Fe. It has a 110 volt- 150 watt

Reply to
Michael B

Depending on the model, you might run two coffee grinders at once?

If I'm correct you can't even run the HF Multi Miracle Tool.

Reply to
Oren

Reply to
clare

Should be obvious. If your car battery's weak, you plug a battery charger into the inverter, and recharge your car battery!

Reply to
Shaun Eli

Inverters dont have gasoline in them. You mean a generator.

Reply to
jw

No it wont run a sump pump. It wont even run a small electric drill. Aside from a trouble light, electric razor, and to charge your cellphone, 150W is pretty much useless.

Reply to
jw

Reply to
krw

"Pete C." wrote in news:4cefdade$0$17361$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.usenetmonster.com:

in a natural disaster where your home loses power,you can run a small portable TV or radio from your car and be able to get information. You can also keep your cell phone charged,if you don't already have a car charger-adapter.

then there's camping.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

snipped-for-privacy@thenet.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

small portable TV/radios,when power is knocked out to your home. Like after a hurriccane or bad storm.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

True. I just checked. It won't run a George Foreman grill (even if I had one).

Reply to
Oren

No.perhaps he really means an inverter. The E series Honda gensets are low voltage DC generators powering an inverter to produce 120V AC.

Reply to
clare

It will run most TVs and DVD players, as well as most computers - virtually all laptops,

Reply to
clare

Reply to
DerbyDad03

For those disasters I have a 25KW diesel generator, a 5KW gas generator, a 2KW gas generator, a 2KW inverter in one truck and a 400W inverter I can use with either truck, or the diesel tractor. The 2KW gas generator and the 2KW inverter in the truck cover the camper with redundancy. Backup for your backup, it's a wonderful thing.

Reply to
Pete C.