Inventors and/or manufacturers I want to Kill

There's nothing stopping you from using decimals for inches... .90625=29/32 ;-)

Reply to
Larry Bud

Where it matters most, and where people would probably use it the most is in the grocery store. The initial conversion would matter to know whether or not you're getting ripped of in qty/price.

Reply to
Larry Bud

You have to admit it's ridiculous that designers don't put ALL metric bolts on a car. Seems like there would be tons of cost savings for them in doing that anyway. My '86 vette has probably 90% metric, 10mm,

13mm, and 15mm being almost all of them.

Leaving the unit of money alone for a minute, because that's never going to happen: This is where you're missing the point. Many people figure out qty/price when buying products. During the intial conversion, most would be left scratching their heads "is $10 for 2.5Kg better or worse than $12 for 5.5 lbs?"

Reply to
Larry Bud

You should include who wrote what you are quoting.

RicodJour

And acceleration is acceleration, whatever the source.

What to you think causes it?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Look it up: Clough, R.W. and Penzian, J, "Dynamics of Structures" McGraw-Hill, 1975 page 91-92.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

BS. That is a strawman argument trying to justify being bull headed about changing. If they were going to rip you off during the conversion, they would do it. Nothing you would be able to do about it even if you -did- know they were doing it other than shop down the street where they also would be doing it.

I gaurantee that withing a week of conversion you wouldn't even notice and would soon recognize the idiocy trying to compare sizes of the new to the old.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

And what difference would it make? You wouldn't have the choice to buy kthe 5.5 lbs one anyhow. Yeah for your sense of outrage you might find that you are now paying a schosh bit more per unit weight but just what would you do about it?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K