insulation of styrofoam

Page 2 of 2

what is your source for your statement that styrofoam is not toxic?

i guess to make it easy for the readers, here's a site that kind of sums up the toxicity and environmental problems due to styrofoam http://www.ecocycle.org/TimesFall2000/askrosie.cfm
also, if i recall, dr. hulda clark (cancer expert) has negative things to say about styrofoam as to its toxicity
in summary, in answer to the original post, i think styrofoam is a terrible choice for any component piece or adjoining piece to a bird feeder, or on any exposed or painted surface of styrofoam birds or humans may interact with, for reasons mentioned throughout my posts

effi wrote:

Rosie is a nut and obviously has little scientific training. She mixes up the toxicity of materials used in manufacture with the material itself. From that standpoint, we should ban all petroleum products including gasoline. Wonder how Rosie would like not having a car or anything made of plastic and other materials derived from petroleum including her sun glasses.

you lose lol
effi wrote:

Your are right for once. I lost several minutes of wasted time. Unfortunately for you, you are losing a life of possible learning and knowledge. Go to college, take some courses besides "Communications" or whatever other frivolous name they use for training budding tv reporters in everything except a real subject.
Oops, you are right again, I lost some more time. But then I'm already retired from a successful career.

There is so much misinformation on that page that it is laughable. The only thing that site sums up is that you can twist logic, change chemical properties by lying. Please effie, educate yourself. Find reliable sources of information from independent sources that have no agenda side from the truth.

due to all the faulty information you have issued in this thread, you have joined the other fella in my blocked sender's list
of course, given your snet.net username, you already knew that

Oh my, that hurts. I just don't know what do to now, but I am emotionally scarred from that harsh decision. Will I ever be able to face my friends again? Will my co-workers shun me? Do I need physiological counseling?
OTOH, prove that one of my statements is false. You can't so you choose to ignore them. Your choice and nothing anyone says will change your closed mind.

Give it a good coat of latex paint for UV protection.