Insulation

I am having a polebarn built, and will be doing insulation myself in the roof and walls. This is in Michigan, and I want to be able to work inside it in the winter.Any ideas on which kind of insulation is best and/or easiest? Also, do I need to put up any plastic sheeting for a vapor barrier or anything? Thanks, Earl
On Aug 6, 10:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (big e lewis) wrote:

remember you are building actually what might be in the future a house or cottage. you may simply use the manufacturers website for each material for your climate or zipcode, but first browse this completely: http://www.buildingscienceconsulting.com/designsthatwork/default.htm
(big e lewis) wrote:

I just did some drywall hanging in a house that had sprayed in foam, like the expanding foam you get in the stores. You can't do it yourself, but that house was VERY cool to work in compared to fiberglass insulated houses. It was easily 10 degrees cooler than it would have been with fiberglass insulation. And the extremely interesting thing was that the insulation was only about 2" thick! There was plenty of air space between the insulation and the drywall!
on 8/7/2007 9:25 PM Mike Dobony said the following:

Only two inches thick? Usually the foam sticks out from the wood framing and has to be sawed flush with the face of the studs, joists, or rafters.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
(big e lewis) wrote:

Yup, only 2" and lots of air space. I was surprised also, but considering the mild winters here in southern MO . . .