Installing foil backed insullation board. Options (Continued ...)

My final plan is to use 2" Owens Pink, then wood studded walls with un- faced fiberglass and a wood planking as the wall surface. (all that sound OK?) I looked up the building regs from the city and they recommend an outlet every 6' along the wall.(that sounds like a lot). It did not mention GFI, but I would install them anyway.
Is the difference between 2" and 1" really going to be noticed ?
Do I need to be concerned what type of floor covering I should be using right now ? or just wait until the walls are finished and then look at something like berber (glued) ?
Any comments ?

An outlet every 6' is a lot. Generally speaking, to be code compliant they should only be 12' apart although it is a good idea to go a little less. You might want to confirm with the electrical inspector before you start. GFI's are usually not required in the finished portion of the basement, but every unfinished part must have at least one GFI receptacle.

There are foam boards that allow moisture through , try Owens Corning and cellotex.

What about the flooring ? Will the type of flooring that I choose later on play any roll in the construction of the walls ?
sid wrote:

Not if it is carpet, wood, laminate, vinyl, linoleum, tile, brick, stone or paint.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

The code reads that every point on a wall shall be within 6 feet of an outlet without crossing a doorway. So one outlet every 12 feet meets code, a somewhat closer spacing give you more flexibility and doesn't cost much.
--
Dennis

DT wrote:

It is often referred to as the 12/6/2 rule. Outlets should be placed within 6' of a doorway, 12' to the next outlet, and every wall segment 2' or longer should have an outlet. Spacing is measured along the bottom of the wall. Different for kitchens, bathrooms, foyers, and counterspace.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Do/should all of the sockets be GFI ? I have herd of using GFI breakers on the circuit, would that be as safe and/or compliant ?
I purchased a sheet of Owens Pink. when I placed it against the wall, I noticed that there is a lot of concrete burrs and nipples left over from the forms that were used to poor the walls. Should I attempt to work around those or can I remove them somehow ?
Thanks
sid wrote:

I don't know that much about basement GFIs as we don't have basements down here, but it is my understanding that if the basement is finished, GFCIs are not required. If a GFCI IS needed for protection on the outlets down there, then the first outlet on the circuit needs to be a GFCI and it can protect the downstream outlets. A GFCI breaker can protect the entire circuit. Either way is compliant IF it is needed. I will leave it to the experts familiar with basements to answer the "IF it is needed" question, for sure.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.