Installing a New Sump Pump

Our house is 5 years old and we are getting the basement finished. There is a French drain allong all the walls and I painted the walls and floor with dry lock. There is a pit in one corner next to the hot water heater that is about 3 foot by 3 foot in case the water heater explodes and I was thinking about putting in a sump pump myself. Since there is already a cut-out in the floor, how hard would it be? My biggest question is how to drill a hole through the exterior and exactly how to go about picking the correct point. We never had a water problem in the basement even after all the snow and immediate rain this past winter in the Northeast (PA). At that time my backyard was flooded pretty good and all around the back foundation was muddy. I sank about a foot when I went out to shovel the snow away from the house (our neighbors had water cascading into their basement and it ruined their drywall). but only two cinder blocks about halfway up the wall were slightly damp. Am I worrying over nothing, especially since I passed this "test"? We got through Hurricane Floyd back in '99 with no trouble either. One more thing- whcih is better? A submersible or pedestal pump?

Thanks a million!

Reply to
admin

put the pump into the main drain