Venting dryer and bathroom/shower through the same pipe

I have a close dryer on the main floor that is vented out through a 4" pipe. One floor directly below in the basement I have a bathroom with a shower that is in dire need of a vent (moisture accumulates on walls and ceiling after showers). I can't seem to be able to find a way to vent the bathroom directly outside but I can easily bring a pipe through the floor in to the laundry room and connect it to the dryer vent. Is this a good idea? Would there be a problem if the fan in the bathroom below was working while the dryer is also on? By the way, the dryer is powered by natural gas (don't know if it makes any difference).

Reply to
Leon

Never combine venting of different appliances. Most especially, you don't want to share a vent from a gas-burning appliance with anything else.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

A clothes dryer should be vented all by itself. It's such a fire hazzard that code won't allow it to be vented with anything else.

Also, this is a hassle. You will get blowback: lint in the bathroom, steam in the dryer. Neither is good.

Reply to
peter