Installing a Hinge

Simple, I know, but I need to know how to line up gate hinges that I will install on a utility door this weekend. It's the one at this link:
http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/2312833
I assume that the center line of the pin is supposed to line up with the center of the gap between the door and the frame, but it seems like there could be some variability there. If I folded the hinge 90 and pushed it against the door, the alignment would be perfect, but I don't think that's right. I certainly don't want the door to bind when I open it.

As long as the installation has the hinge at a perfect right angle to the opening, a small misalignment won't cause any operating problems. Remember tp have the top hinge at 7" and the bottom one at 11" with a third one (if needed) in the center.
Joe