Install of 'Bilco' basement doors in late model construction

I live in the Princeton, NJ area and would like to add a set of Bilco pre-cast concrete steps and a set of steel doors on top http://www.bilco.com/index-2.htm ; or something similar to accomplish the same thing. Which is simply, to have a set of steps into the basement via the outside.
The house is approx 7 years old and it has a poured concrete foundation with a floating concrete floor (i.e. french drain system). From the basement interior, the concrete walls of the foundation measure approx 96" and the grade is at approx 72".
I have contacted Bilco and my local Bilco distributor who say they would install the "system" for about $2100 but that the site had to be prepared according to their specifications (i.e. excavated, gravel; drain; foundation cut, etc.)
Is this type of retro-fitting generally recommended on late model construction? What type of contractor would I get to take on such a job?
If anybody has any comments, war stories, suggestions, wants to bid, etc. They would all be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Jerry
Basically you want a walk out basement with stairs up. The one secret to this is you want a drain for water and you want it installed so it doesn't get clogged with leaves easily. So the pad goes down low relative to the inside slab and the drain kind of sticks up and high and usually in a corner so no one trips on it. You could look in the phone book under foundations or concrete cutting but basically you probably want to get a general contractor in for the job. Interview him about how he will handle the drainage. If he comes up with something similar to what I wrote or better, he is the guy to hire.

Bilco
accomplish
system).
be

Let me quote him:
"Which is simply, to have a set of steps into the basement via the outside."
It seemed to me that the doors to protect it from water was all he had come up with but not necessarily what he wanted.
Perhaps he will respond so we can find out which of us read his mind more accurately.

they
gravel;
model
such a

bid,

Actually, to quote it more completely:
"I live in the Princeton, NJ area and would like to add a set of Bilco pre-cast concrete steps and a set of steel doors on top http://www.bilco.com/index-2.htm ; or something similar to accomplish the same thing. Which is simply, to have a set of steps into the basement via the outside."
"Steel doors on top" says a lot about what he's thinking.. not to mention he linked right to Bilco's site which shows exactly what he's looking to do. I don't know why anyone would use any other method of entry. An open stairwell would present drainage problems (as mentioned) as well as creating a potential hazard for kids to fall into.
Bob
The "Bilco" product I was looking at includes both; a set of pre-cast concrete steps and a set of the steel doors to cover them.
Bilco suggests allowance for drainage, which is probably a good idea since "nothing" is water proof. In the "Job Site Requirements" section it states "A footing drain to day light is recommended."
Although I don't know how to accomplish that without a sump pump. Would it make sense to connect this to the "French Drain" trench that encircles the inside of the basement, which leads to a sump and a pump? This seems like over kill though. Maybe a dry well under the stairs?
As to contractors; I guess this seems like too small a project for the ones in the yellow pages, because I haven't found anyone to take the job yet.