Water in basement during construction

In the midst of building a house in the NE and we are at the point where the

2nd floor is being built. We've got about 4 inches of water and ice in the basement that has accumulated during the last month of snow, rain, thaw. My architect/builder isn't that concerned about it, and I am going to quiz him next week as to when they are going to try and clear it out, since I can't see how they are going to get this stuff out easily once it's completely frozen and the rough-in and mechanicals are going in at some point.

Is this something I should be pushing him to remove.? I just don't think it's good to have that amount of water and ice down there, and I don't want it holding up the project. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
TN

I don't think it is a big problem for the time being. Weather is too cold to move water & ice just now. Moisture in the house shouldn't be a big problem - until house is well closed in.

TB

Reply to
tbasc

Don't worry over it. First it is the builder's problem not yours. It will not impact on the finished product. They will handle it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I completely agree with Joseph.

Just relax and let your builder do his/her job. Your basement and house will be fine.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Probably when they put the mechanicals in, they will install the sump pump. I'd guess they will do that first, unless they like working in water.

Reply to
John Hines