indoor waterfall.. .make louder...

i have purchased a harmony stone table top relaxation fountain.
It doesn't work like i expected.. and there is no contact informtion on the box... so i can ask questions.. like how to make the water sound more trickly.. and make more noise...\\
right now it is dead silent...
is it rock placement? on the bottom of the box all it says is walmart... no numbers.. nothing... please help... jon
here is a link to what it looks like...
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hsh/672090262.html

Water noise is increased by allowing water to fall farther.

Sound level is determined by 2 factors ( I did not look at the picture): the distance the water falls and an echo chamber behind the water.
Colbyt
On Wed 07 May 2008 04:03:53p, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com told us...

I've not seen this one in operation, but we have owned several different types of indoor tabletop water type units. I can tell you that none I know of are meant to create the sound of rushing water or splashing, tumbling water, as one might find with an outside fountain. If they did, you'd find water in a lot of places you wouldn't want it.
If the pump is adjustable (some are not), then the best you can do is try increasing the flow until you get the desired effect. It may not happen. Then gain, it may. Rock placement won't play a large part in the resulting sound, although it will obviously change the directioni of flow.
--
Wayne Boatwright

how about a recoding of water falling moving played at whaever volume you want?
it would make me have to pee:(
Call some of the surrounding towns. See if you can borrow some hard water. Louder when it hits the bottom. Soft water just doesn't do it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi, That thing is too SMALL to create good sound effect. If you increase flow too much it'll splash all over. We use mini pond indoor hich ives good sound and humidity during winter months.
On Wed, 7 May 2008 16:03:53 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Close your eyes and download an mp3 of a waterfall
On Wed, 7 May 2008 16:03:53 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"
Sorry to hear that.

You seriously thought that $40 piece of Chinese Walmart crap was going to give you the desired effect? Heh.. I've got a great deal on some land in Floriday I'd like to sell you.
Steve B.