Indoor incandescent flood light bulbs way too yellow. Alternatives?

My recessed lighting in the basemnt has 120 watt GE Watt-miser indoor incandescent flood light bulbs. I am about to put in carpeting and I suddenly realized that everything looks really dingy -- because of the lighting. Is there an alternative fuller spectrum bulb at this wattage that anyone knows about?
Thanks!
120 watt Par 38 halogen, as long as the fixture is rated for it, it should give you the list of acceptable lamps on the inside of the fixture

Inquiringmind wrote:

You might look into "full spectrum" compact flourescent bulbs, if your recessed cans are rated for them. They are available in "150W equivalent" sizes.
Heres some:
http://www.rewci.com/vercomfluorb.html
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Halogen is your only clear answer, but the CFs are good if you can take a drop in light level. The CF makers like to fudge their comparisons just as your "Watt Miser" is a replacement for the old 150 standards, close but not really there.
The 120s gives about 1600 lumens (total light output) the typical CF will only give about 1200 lumens. A halogen 120 halogen can reach 1900 lumens.
You might also check your wiring. Yellowing is a sign of lower voltage at the lamp.
RickR
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

OK, so if I understand correctly, I should remove a bulb, get up there with a flashlight and see if the inside of the can says what it is rated for?
How would I check whether the yellowing is due to wiring issues?
Thanks!
Inquiringmind wrote:

Yes, there should be a very clear label that states the types of bulbs allowed. It might include variations of the fixture because many recessed lights are sold in two parts, the "can" and the "trim". If the label is on the can then it has to list all possible trims.

Test the voltage, anything below 100V is definitely too low! (If you don't know how or have the tester then hire it out! Home electrical accidents are very common these days.)
RickR