If you need any electric motor

Page 1 of 2
When I went out to our cabin Saturday, I noticed furnace quit running for a while. Thank goodness, weather has been mild all along indoor temperature stayed at above freezing.
Found out draft inducer motor was jammed. Took it out managed to oiled the bearings with proper motor oil. Put the motor back in, furnace fired right up all is OK.
Mean time I was looking for spare motor every where when I came home today. www.electricmotorwarehouse.com in Burton, MI had best price for me. Same thing years ago when I was looking for Carrier furnace blower PSC motor.
If you need any motor or motor related stuff, check this place out.
On 02/16/2016 01:32 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Where I live , there are plenty of Grainger's everywhere, so can always get a motor, same day
Before I retired, I'd often get motors there. Although we just passed the costs on to our customers, I was surprised that some of those small motors (under 1/2 HP) cost as much as $50.
Guess my mind is still back in 1975

'75 was a good year for motors. I think that was the year the Electric Motor League was started, with American and National Divisions. The play-offs were in Pittsburgh. Very exciting. 2,014,450 revolutions to 1,943,220 iirc.

Grainger usually has what you need but they are seldom the cheapest unless you have volume enough to get on the wholesale price column.

Fortunately for our customers I did not have to get the motor start capacitors from Grainger, since our National Parts Center bought them by the truckload, they didn't cost much. I think our list price for one of the bigger ones was $55. When someone here mentioned a repairman charged them $200, it reminded me of the $2000 toilet quote I once got.
On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 11:13:36 AM UTC-6, philo wrote:

I've stated this before...I bought from Grainger with a corporate account (1hp+motor) and found a Dayton motor at Fleet Farm that was identical for $80 less! I told them on their website and they gave no response...so much for customer *care*!
On 02/16/2016 11:33 AM, bob_villain wrote:

Since it was generally important for me to get a customer up and running ASAP, they rarely griped about the bills, but I always made it a point to give them a fair deal.
I doubt I would have survived 38 years on the job and several "buy-outs" if I over-charged my customers.
The funniest one I ran into was one guy always complained about his repair ticket and because I knew that, charged him a bit less than normal, just to get him to shut up...but he still kept complaining.
Finally, I took the paperwork back from him and crossed all the prices out, returned it and told him to just fill in the prices himself!
He then told me the truth and said he was only allowed to spend so much money a day and he'd get reprimanded if he signed for bills over $300.
We then worked out an agreement where every bill I submitted would be under $300 so I'd usually have him sign two separate work orders...each with a different date!
On 2/16/2016 11:54 AM, philo wrote:

Goes to show ... we often don't know why people say the things they say, so it might be worth offering them a little bit of understanding and patience so we can understand where they're coming from. :)
--
Maggie

On 02/16/2016 11:57 AM, Muggles wrote:

Because I was willing to work with my customer, he was happy and I kept the account...and better still...I did not have to try to lower my bills.
Had I consulted my supervisor for advise we would have just pissed the guy off and lost the account.
On 2/16/2016 12:27 PM, philo wrote:

Exactly. Wise on your part.
--
Maggie

On 02/16/2016 01:19 PM, Muggles wrote:

Glad I'm retired now
On 2/16/2016 1:31 PM, philo wrote:

Bet you're busy as ever!
--
Maggie

On 02/16/2016 02:29 PM, Muggles wrote:

Though I did not do much the first year other than walk around and say
WOW, I don't have to work today.
Right now I am working 30 - 60 hours a week for myself.
I am about to publish a book soon, it will be easy to spot
in letters it will say EDITED BY : COLLEEN K...
then somewhere in small letters there will be a parenthetical note such as (oh, by the way, philo wrote this book)
On 2/16/2016 2:43 PM, philo wrote:

What's the book about?
--
Maggie

On 02/16/2016 02:57 PM, Muggles wrote:

For the past three months I've spent 60 hours a week scanning my old slides and negatives.
The book will be a brief pictorial auto-biography, perhaps 140 pages , half text, half images.
Though this book will come right up to present it will also go back to the late 50's.
It turns out that anything prior to 1995 or so is considered history.
Although I've been doing photography since I was six years old, when I got a 35mm camera in 1970, I considered myself a serious photographer. Only recently at the age of 66 have I gone pro and have been "discovered." My wife, who is an artist is already represented by Timothy Cobb fine arts, and one day he told me he'd like to represent me as well. Due to this recognition I've been inspired to do a book.
Some of the photos were taken while I was stationed in Germany 1970/71
I realize now that 25 years after WW-II was just the blinking of an eye. When my wife gets done doing the layout of this book, it will be a masterpiece.
My previous book was a photo essay on Kochanski's Concertina Beer Hall, owned by my friend Andy Kochanski
I don't hang out with sissies, heck, he's almost as tough as my wife
http://fox6now.com/2013/08/16/man-shoots-kills-armed-robbery-suspect-near-37th-burnham/
On 2/16/2016 3:19 PM, philo wrote:

The previous book was fascinating,imo, with lots of great photos. This one probably will be a masterpiece. Please let us know when it's available.
On 02/16/2016 03:51 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Thank you very much! I recall that you and Old Gringo bought one...
This next one should be even better unless Colleen kills me for my ungrammatical writing. We hope to submit for proofs by the end of this month
On 2/16/2016 5:26 PM, philo wrote:

I might buy a book on needing any electric motor, if the book wasn't too pricey.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/16/2016 4:26 PM, philo wrote:

You're welcome. I thoroughly enjoyed it as I am a big fan of black and white photography.
On 02/16/2016 05:24 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

I love it too.
Though there will be some color photos, quite a few were taken in B&W with either my 35mm camera or medium format 2.25" x 2.25"
Also, I am including some taken with my Brownie camera.
They might not have seemed like much at the time, 50/60 years later they turned out to be quite interesting.
Here is one (and only one) preview from the book
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jqu0jyyj2qf9tv/Doug_bar_HobNob_L.JPG?dl=0