Identify this piece of hardware

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:4b480d74$0$14723 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

You need to change your handle to Norm Crosby :-)

Reply to
Red Green

On 1/9/2010 1:21 AM The Daring Dufas spake thus:

OK, I follow you, but for chrissakes, you have to admit that my SMALL attached GIF (3K) is not going to impose any kind of burden on a news server's bandwidth. As someone else here pointed out, many TEXT posts exceed that size. (Like maybe your guy with the huge sig.)

I'm *not* advocating attaching 96K JPEGs to posts in text-only newsgroups ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Judge, "How many beers did you consume son?" Defendant, "Just a few 8oz beers your honor." Judge, "How many is a few?" Defendant, "Uh, 96 sir."

Your little 2.2k Gif image file really caused no problem for anyone.

2.2k is large for a text file and takes up a lot of space and bandwidth. If everyone decided that there was no harm in a little 2.2k image file, things could get rough for people with slow connections. The rules and conventions are there for a reason. I had a woman run a stop sign and hit the side of my car one day knocking me up on a concrete median. I asked the woman why she ran the stop sign? Her answer, "Everyone else does it."

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On 1/9/2010 11:34 AM The Daring Dufas spake thus:

Well, as someone with a slow connection, I can address that issue. Attachments to newsgroup messages are not a problem, since 99% of news clients don't actually download a message (except for the subject, etc., headers) until one clicks on it. If a message takes too long to load for my liking, I can just cancel it and move on to another one.

But your other points re:beers and stop signs are well taken.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I guess you really ARE that dense.

Reply to
salty

On 1/9/2010 3:31 PM snipped-for-privacy@dog.com spake thus:

And how dense do you figure that is? Are you saying that a 3K GIF that's smaller than many TEXT ONLY postings is going to cause a major problem with anyone's news server? If not, please tell me how else this could possibly harm you, or anyone else for that matter.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

It leads to anarchy man! Next thing you know the Chinese will be busting your door down. Now you don't want that; do you?

Reply to
Master Betty

On 1/9/2010 4:00 PM Master Betty spake thus:

Omigod, you're right! Can't let that happen. Better quit while I'm ahead, as my old dad used to say.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

It is the removable pin from a clevis similar to:

DanG

I had the impression his was designed for a specific purpose with the long shank and short threaded area. On the other hand he may just need an eyebolt.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Apparently you are completely unfamiliar with rigging hardware.

Reply to
salty

OK- now you did it. What do you use their "Spring Hook" SHH-06 for? They come in stainless, so I suspect marine use-- but I've never seen anything like it. [in the picture on the linked page it is the big wire thing on the left side of the pic.- just above the clevised turnbuckle]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I usually never participate in any of the name calling, but for any that would like to see turnbuckles with many different ends including clevis ends, you might look here:

DanG

On 1/10/2010 6:22 AM snipped-for-privacy@dog.com spake thus:

Actually, as it turns out I am. Does that make me dense? Stupid? Worthy of being called names?

I still see little relation between turnbuckles and clevises, except that some turnbuckles have clevises on their ends (which I didn't know--so sue me).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl posted for all of us...

Nebby, your pix didn't come through; as it shouldn't...

Reply to
Tekkie®