Identify this part?

Hi,
This is a bit of a cross-post from rec.woodworking. I'm trying to identify the BRASS-colored fastener(?) pictured here:
http://75thtrombone.com/links/looseparts.jpg
It's to be used as a sort of hinge in a piece of RTA furniture; it holds a door to the frame and is the axis it rotates on. But it looks like its original role might be a shelf pin, or maybe something completely different.
I've already got the silver one figured out and ordered. I'm prepared to fashion a copy of the brass one if I have to, but I'm extremely anal and would love to find it somewhere first. :)
Thanks, -Lanny Heidbreder
It looks like a shelf pin I have, the shelves have cut curved recesses.
On 13 Feb 2006 03:58:02 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Dual butt-plug for your gerbel. Bubba
The hinge function is probably correct.
One end of the pin press fits into a hole in a door, and the other end usually goes through a metal bracket that has a close fitting hole for this pin. It's one way to have a more or less concealed hinge.
hth bill

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I've seen them before but haven't been able to locate anything similar at my usual suppliers. I'd be tempted, if it were my project, to simply use an appropriately-sized shelf pin and a suitable washer as a replacement since there seems to be nothing special about the pin itself.
There are slightly larger versions sold under the name "Roto Hinge" or somesuch but those are 3/8" diameter and larger and have an actual pivot mechanism built into them -- fine for new projects but not for retrofitting into existing pre-drilled particle board or whatever the RTA is made of.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]